Bonmusica Viola Shoulder Rest - 16.5"
Bonmusica shoulder rests have comfortable thick foam padding along a metal base with a ‘hook’ that rests over the player’s shoulder to stop the viola from sliding down. The whole shoulder rest can be manipulated to fit the exact contour of the players chest/shoulder so that it fits the player perfectly.
The Bonmusica is adjustable in height, sideways slant, length over the shoulder and is available in all sizes. It comes with one short foot (35mm) and one long foot (50mm) and If the player needs extra height then there is an extra-long foot available, measuring 60mm.
Made in Germany.
- Specially engineered hook shape which rests over your shoulder and stops the viola from slipping.
- Thick foam padding for extra comfort – 6mm.
- Rubber and foam on feet to protect your instrument.
- Adjustable – Different parts of the rest can be shortened or lengthened slightly and offset/slanted to achieve the best fit to the instrument. Metal body of the rest can also be bent/manipulated to better fit the contour of your chest/shoulder.
- Replaceable parts available for each element of the shoulder rest.
- Rest comes with two feet – one short foot (35mm) and one long foot (50mm). Extra height can be achieved by swapping to longer feet. The extra-long feet are 60mm.
- Available sizes: 15”, 15.5”, 16”, 16.5”, 17” - sometimes violas may have an unusually wide lower bout, so please send through lower bout measurement before purchasing if you aren’t sure of the size. For 14” violas, please use a 4/4 violin Bonmusica rest.
- Weight: – 106g
- Dimensions (cm):
Body Length – 22.5 (foam runs entire length)
Body Width – 3.5 (body width)
Height (feet screwed in completely) – 8.5 (high side – side closest to chest), 5 (lowest point – middle of rest), 9 (tip of end that rests on/over shoulder). Foot on 'high side' can be wound out quite a lot as the thread length is longer than most shoulder rest feet.
Choose 'click-and-collect' to have your shoulder rest fitted for free in our showroom.
Getting your new instrument or musical accessories to you as quickly and as safely as possible is our priority.
Standard parcels ship via Australia Post, and we offer free shipping for orders over $50 (standard cost is $10). Orders are fulfilled within 3 business days, and standard delivery times are 3-5 days. All instruments are professionally set-up by our workshop, and so fulfilment times may vary (please allow 5-10 working days). Read more about our professional set-up here.
Want to get your order as fast as possible? We also offer an express post option which you can select at checkout. Items are sent via Australia Post Express and typically arrive in 1-2 days after your order has been fulfilled.
Larger items such as cellos and large cases require extra care and incur a separate handling and delivery fee of $75. Double Basses also incur a separate fee of $125. These items are not applicable for free shipping.
If you would like to discuss the postage of your item, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.