Pirastro KorfkerRest Violin Shoulder Rest Model 2
The ultimate in sound and comfort!
- Adjustable to each individual by bending
- Lets your instrument sound freely
- Featherlight construction in highest quality maple
- First shoulder rest using bendable tone wood which can be adjusted to the shape of the shoulder
- Offers extensive and very precise personal adjustment of position, height and tilt
- Brings out a much wider dynamic range from the instrument
- Minimal use of rubber improves sound characteristics
- Designed to complement the timeless beauty of the violin
Inspired by the exceptional qualities of the Pirastro KorfkerCradle® together with violinist Berent Korfker, Pirastro has dedicated several years to the development and testing of the Pirastro KorfkerRest®.
What Pirastro say about the collaboration:
During this once in a lifetime collaboration, no stone was left unturned in the quest for the ultimate shoulder rest. Every part of this groundbreaking design has been painstakingly tested for sound properties and stability, resulting in a freedom of sound, expanded projection, and revolutionary security and comfort unmatched by any other shoulder rest. Pirastro achieved its goal of maximum freedom for the instrument by using many of the design features of the Pirastro KorfkerCradle® and the same superior materials. The revolutionary light weight and exceptional tonal compatibility of the Pirastro KorkferRest® are the result of its high quality maple tone wood and a custom-made sound neutral aluminium alloy. The sleek, secure attachment feet add a minimum of weight to the design and only touch the violin on its very edge. With the use of bendable maple, hand finished and varnished to the highest standard, Pirastro presents yet another innovation to the string world. For the first time, a wooden shoulder rest can be bent to achieve the best possible fit. Combined with an extensive adjustment mechanism, it offers the user an unrivalled level of comfort.
New for model 2:
- The KorfkerRest® now comes with the ErgoPack. It allows even more adjustments to suit the individual player and instrument.
- Optimized rubber feet provide exceptional security with an unmatched adhesive grip on the instrument.
- Improved rubber pads increase comfort and durability. The number of replacement pads has been raised from 2 to 4 pieces.
Choose 'click-and-collect' to have your shoulder rest fitted for free in our showroom.
Getting your new instrument or musical accessories to you as quickly and as safely as possible is our priority.
Standard parcels ship via Australia Post, and we offer free shipping for orders over $50 (standard cost is $10). Orders are fulfilled within 3 business days, and standard delivery times are 3-5 days. All instruments are professionally set-up by our workshop, and so fulfilment times may vary (please allow 5-10 working days). Read more about our professional set-up here.
Want to get your order as fast as possible? We also offer an express post option which you can select at checkout. Items are sent via Australia Post Express and typically arrive in 1-2 days after your order has been fulfilled.
Larger items such as cellos and large cases require extra care and incur a separate handling and delivery fee of $75. Double Basses also incur a separate fee of $125. These items are not applicable for free shipping. When ordering larger items to remote locations, or when ordering multiple larger items, there may be an additional delivery cost involved.
If you would like to discuss the postage of your item, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.